Family Business Succession Program
February 19 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| $9995
From John Broons, The Family Business Guy
It’s Time To Start Your Family & Business Succession Journey.
Build Your Own Succession Plan Now!
If you are in business with members of your family, and growing your business and succession is on your mind, then come along to learn about the systems you are working in and build your own personal/family/business plan.
- 10 Month Program – Feb to Nov 2019 – starts Feb 19
- Small Group / Limited Numbers (max 12)
- Get your questions answered – then question your answers
- Investment $9995 plus GST
Every family is unique, just as every business is unique and, of course, every person is unique. This makes it so much more difficult to resolve any issue or challenge that arises.
However, there are similarities between all families and businesses that enable us to gain clarity to design and construct an appropriate strategic plan for both.
Working individually and together you will uncover the elephant in your room, resolve an internal broken line of communication or create adequate family/business boundaries.
In 10 monthly sessions you will learn more about:
- Foundations to Family Business
- The importance of History, Culture and Values
- Trust, Rules and Boundaries
- Financials – Money, Structures,
- Legal – Wills, Estate Planning, Ownership
- Governance – Family Rules (Charter), Business Boards
- Leadership – Who’s next, How to choose
Bookings essential as numbers are strictly limited
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
12 Reasons Your Family Business MUST HAVE A Succession Plan
As A Retiring Parent/Owner/Leader You Want:
- Family Harmony To Continue Over The Long-Term
- To Keep Your Self Identity
- Funds For Your Retirement
- To Reduce The Business Risk
Your Successor Wants:
- Their Abilities Recognized
- Power And Control
- Capital For Growth
- To Take Risks Needed To Drive Growth
Your Successor, Not Employed In The Business, Wants:
- To Be Treated Fairly
- Input On Key Decisions
- Return On Investment
- Protection Of Capital & An Exit Plan
About John Broons
John Broons is an Accredited Specialist Family Business Advisor of Family Business Australia and Fellow of the Family Firm Institute (Boston, USA) CFBA, ACFBA. He also is a multi-award-winning
Chairman of a TEC Group, (The Executive Connection) coaching and mentoring CEO’s of family owned and corporate businesses with revenues from $500k to $1.6 billion. John has presented internationally and locally, including Family Business Australia’s education programs and the 2017 WA CPA Conference. John knows your issues and understands the journey from his own personal experience of buying his family’s business from his family and his more than 30 years working with families.
Get Help To Overcome These Problems Now!
- It All Feels Too Hard
- Your Children Have Started Asking Questions About The Business & Their Future
- You Don’t Know Who The Next Leader Is Yet
- You Haven’t Any Idea Of What You Want To Do After Work
- It’s Easier To Keep Doing What You Know
- The World Is Changing Around You – Customers, Suppliers, Digitization, Security ……
- It’s Harder To Keep Up
- The Next Generation Haven’t Proven Themselves Yet
- I Don’t Know What The Next Generation Is Thinking
- No one is listening to me
John Broons’ Family Business Succession Program
- Tuition: $9995- plus GST
John helped our family during a difficult time and enabled better communication between
family members which ultimately meant that a resolution to our issues could occur.
Sophie Stott, Managing Director, Quickmail.
John is the real deal when it comes to family business. He has been there and done it
himself. He is incredibly well read, aware and compassionate to the issues that arise in family
businesses. John is my go-to guy for any issues that arise in my family business, I could not
recommend him more highly
Jeff Ash, Sales Manager, Filter Supplies (WA)
I have had occasion to discuss issues encountered in advising family businesses with John and
have found John’s advice and perspective to be valuable and insightful. Over the years I have
felt confident to refer matters to John, and have had positive feedback from the
Agnes Vacca, Partner In Charge, KPMG.
John’s “can do” attitude is a key to his success. He provides that safe collaborative
environment for all in group sessions. It is the things we don’t know but need to know! John
is proactive in helping each of us understand, comprehend and find solutions. John brings to
our table his wealth of knowledge and experience in running a family business as well as
other businesses that he has worked with.
Lynne Cozzi, Director, Bluegem Software Solutions
John’s ability to draw on both his own rich history in family business and his career as a
family business advisor is incredibly valuable.
Shane Davies, Managing Director, Davies BDM
John has such a lifelong passion for the area of family business, he is one of only two
accredited fellows of the Family Firm Institute (“FFI”) that resides in Australia. I highly
recommend John Broons to any family business looking for some external assistance, that
will help them to successfully & effectively progress their business (and family) to the next
Lyall Bear, Director, CBSW Pty Ltd
Call John on 0433 131 070 to discuss the program and reserve your place now!
Download: John Broons Family Business Succession Program Flyer (PDF, 180Kb)